Residential or Day Courses in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography, Pottery & Ceramics and Mixed Media 2017/2018 Prices Here.
We can design your perfect course, contact us to discuss your ideas.
- Experiment with different drawing techniques, expressive mark making and gain confidence with composition.
- Relax in a calm atmosphere perfect for drawing in detail.
- Life drawing and still life classes are available which train the eye to respond to natural forms.
- Edit your images for print using photography and the computer to enhance your drawing.
- Learn to make a canvas stretcher, stretch your canvas and prepare the surface ready for paint.
- Learn how to mix and prepare oil paints, acrylic paints, aerosol cans and airbrush mediums.
- See how photography and computer aided design can help you compose your painting.
- Experiment with monograph to explore your expressive and delicate mark making instantly.
- Linocutting and woodcutting will help you understand negative space and the importance of light and shade in graphic works.
- Use our large format printer to create your final designs.
Pottery & Ceramics
- Learn to throw pots taught by local professionals.
- Decorate tiles and create a mural or sign.
- Learn the steps needed to fire and glaze tableware and decorative pieces.
- See the process of choosing and extracting clay from the earth.
- Learn about the rich history of ceramics in Provence.
- Visit artists ateliers and pottery markets to choose inspirational pieces.
- Visit beautiful locations and take lots of photos
- Learn to edit raw images for your best results
- See how to best print and display your work
- Consider mixing photography with traditional media for exciting and unusual results
- Use your skills in drawing, painting, printmaking and photography to combine techniques and create interesting printed pieces which combine these traditional methods.
- Use the computer to create layers, collage and repeat pattern to enhance your designs.
History and Theory
- Visit Inspirational museums and artists ateliers in Provence, you can see our tour suggestions here